for eligible businesses
Free LED high-bay lighting upgrade
Save money with an energy efficiency upgrade.
Receive a commercial lighting upgrade of up to 40 LED high-bays
With help from the South Australian Government’s Retailer Energy Productivity Scheme (REPS) and our representative Trades Services SA (TSSA), replace outdated lighting at your commercial premises with a modern, energy efficient solution.
Business customers may be eligible to receive more than 40 high bay replacements including standard installation*. These lights have a product value of over $9,600#, a calculation based on the RRP of $240 per Emerald Plant EYE LED high-bay. Your new high-bays will help you save on electricity bills, minimise lighting-replacement costs and reduce your environmental footprint. Other lighting upgrades are also available. A once-off $33 mandatory fee per site is required by the REPS.
Contact Trades Services SA by the form or by telephone for a free, no obligation quote. To assist this process, please download and complete the Commercial Lighting Checklist to include in your submission.
Quality products. Installed by Class A electricians.
AGL business customers could receive up to 40 LED high-bay replacements with product value of up to $9,600#.
Which businesses are eligible?
REPS lighting upgrades are available to businesses that:
- Consume up to 160 MWh in electricity per year (larger energy users may still be eligible on payment of a fee. See ‘Inspection and installation conditions’ below for more information about fees)
- Can obtain permission from the premise’s landlord
- Have existing metal halide high-bays in working order with adequate power supply
- Do not require the high-bay lights to be relocated
- Are prepared to pay the once-off mandatory REPS site fee of $33
In order to take advantage of the offers on this website, your business must be an existing small business customer.
Other offers available for non-AGL customers and large energy users. Please contact our REPS representative, Trades Services SA for further details.
Inspection and installation Terms and Conditions
*A free standard installation requires that the site is in good electrical working condition – that is, the switchboard, electrical cabling and lighting sockets are all operating compliantly. A standard installation usually includes a free scissor lift (value $550).
- Quantity may vary depending on environment. A 40 light cap is based on a non-air conditioned storage area; other environments may be eligible for more or less high-bays. Contact the TSSA team to discuss how many lights you may be eligible for.
- Charges may apply for non-standard installations, switchboard upgrade, wiring upgrade and/or certain distances from Adelaide.
- All offers are available in metropolitan and greater-Adelaide surrounds until 30/11/21 or until they are withdrawn, whichever is earlier.
- Regional locations may be subject to availability of a TSSA representative. Contact TSSA to find out if TSSA operates in your area.
- Installation will depend on adequate power supply for replacing existing highbays with LED highbays in the same location.
- Non-working lights may need to be replaced to comply with AS/NZS1680; they will be replaced at market rates as they are not eligible for the REPS rebate.
- New installations which do not involve replacing existing lights are not eligible for the REPS rebate and will be charged at market rates. Any additional parts or materials will incur additional charges.
- Additional charges may apply if a non-standard scissor lift is required or access requires additional equipment/tools. All jobs are subject to site inspection.
- All replaced lighting will be removed from site and recycled by TSSA.
- All REPS energy credits created under this offer must be assigned to AGL. For this offer to be valid, TSSA must supply and install the lighting.
- Large business customers (those where the National Meter Identifier (NMI) / site consumes upwards of 160 MWh of electricity per annum) are required to pay a minimum of $1.70 per GJ (incl. GST) equivalent for their REPS upgrade. Large business customers are those where the National Meter Identifier (NMI) / site consumes upwards of 160 MWh of electricity per annum. Small business customers are not required to pay this fee.
Our trusted representative, Trades Services SA
Our representative for REPS upgrades, Trades Services SA (TSSA), has been involved in the REPS since it commenced in 2009.
TSSA is the largest creator of energy saving credits and has the highest compliance standards under the scheme.
In 2017, TSSA saved more than 800,000GJ of energy under the the predecessor to REPS – the Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES). That’s a carbon offset equivalent to planting 2.7 million trees.
TSSA will arrange a time with you for a site assessor to come to your premises to assess your needs and eligibility. You can contact them by submitting the online form, calling 1300 430 917 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.