Free LED lighting upgrade
Save money with an energy efficiency upgrade.
Upgrade old commercial lighting with REPS
Save on lighting and electricity costs through the South Australian Government’s Retailer Energy Productivity Scheme (REPS). LED lights can use up to 75% less energy than traditional lighting, they don’t emit heat and last longer, helping you save on both replacement costs and ongoing electricity expenses.
High-bay, fluro, downlight and flood light replacements
Your new lights will help you save on electricity bills, minimise lighting-replacement costs and reduce your environmental footprint. A once-off $33 mandatory fee per site is required by the REPS for small businesses. This will be registered as paid by the Essential Services Commission of SA, so that it is only paid once per site.
For small to medium businesses1
For Large businesses2
Which businesses are eligible?
- Under 20,000 GJ of upgrades installed at the site under REPS, and no more than one previous REPS upgrade
- If leasing – permission must be obtained from the premise’s landlord prior to installation
- All existing lights are in working order with adequate power supply3
- No relocated of lights required3
- Small businesses are required to pay the once-off mandatory REPS site fee of $33
- Large business sites (consuming upwards of 160 MWh of electricity per annum) are required to pay a minimum of $1.70 per GJ (incl. GST) equivalent for their REPS upgrade
Why upgrade your commercial lighting?
LEDs are much more efficient than commercial incandescent, halogen, mercury vapour and fluorescent lighting. The reasons are in the technology. To produce light, LEDs pass electrons through a semiconductor. By comparison, an incandescent bulb passes current through a filament, while fluorescent lamps ionize mercury vapour in a glass tube.
Just 10% of energy consumed by a 50W halogen lamp will go into producing light. The remaining energy is lost as heat, which can also increase the ambient workplace room temperature.
An equivalent 7W LED has no filament, contains no mercury, gas or phosphor powder, and will produce far less heat, whilst providing the same or better quality lighting.4
LED lighting benefits
Better for your business
- Increase workplace safety – LEDs usually do not contain glass, reducing hazards in the workplace and the risk of injury if a breakage occurs4.
- Get immediate, full-strength light – Most of the electricity used by an LED goes to produce light, providing full-strength illumination from the moment they’re switched on.
- Reduce replacement costs – LED lights last longer than standard globes and need replacing less frequently4. They are also recyclable, reducing waste disposal charges.
Better for the environment
- Eliminate hazardous materials – Unlike other lighting options, LEDs don’t contain mercury, are free from harmful gasses, and don’t emit UV rays.
- Combine with a solar solution – LEDs are compatible with a low-voltage electricity supply, allowing them to be hooked-up to solar for outdoor, remote or rural environments.
- Help reduce carbon emissions – LED lights emit 90% less carbon dioxide than old halogen bulbs and 50% less than CFLs.
3 additional charges apply for replacing non-working lights, any switchboard upgrades or relocation of lights
For more information on the South Australian Retailer Energy Productivity Scheme (REPS), please go to the Essential Services Commission of SA website